As part of the Amber Valley School Sports Partnership we have entered a series of sporting fixtures across the whole school age range.
At Ambergate Primary School we value the contribution of PE to the health and well-being of the children.
Our Primary School Sport’s Funding will enable us to continue and extend our provision through employing additional sports professionals, entering into more competitive sports competitions and training our staff to deliver in-house quality PE sessions.
Full details of how we plan to spend this money are given below:
ANTICIPATED EXPENDITURE FOR 2017/2018 £16295
Please see action plan: Sports Action Plan and Funding Allocation
EXPENDITURE FOR 2016/2017
Amber Valley School Sports Partnership fee £800.00
Next Level Sports Coaching £6000.00
New equipment purchases £400.00
Derbyshire County Cricket Coaching/staff training £600.00
Staffing to attend events in school time £400.00 £8200.00 approx.
2016-2017 Sports Premium Impact
Purpose of funding:
- Schools must spend the funding on improving the provision of PE and sports for the benefit of pupils so that they develop healthy lifestyles.
- Schools have the freedom to choose how they do this.
- 2 instalments – October, April The grant must be spent on:-
- Based on total number of children in years 1 to 6
- Increasing staff confidence and skills in the teaching of physical education.
- Increasing participation in sport for all pupils both in and out of school.
- Develop or add to the PE and sport activities that your school already offers
- Make improvements now that will benefit pupils joining the school in future years •Hiring specialist PE teachers or sports coaches to work with primary teachers when teaching PE. •Paying for professional development opportunities for teachers in PE and sports •Running sports competitions, or increasing pupil participation in the school games •Providing places for pupils on after school clubs and holiday clubs
- •Buying quality assured professional development modules or materials for PE and sports
- •Providing cover to release primary teachers for professional development in PE and sport
- •Supporting and engaging the least active children through new or additional activity.
As can be seen from the charts and diagrams in the attachment below, the children of Ambergate have benefitted from increased participation in both external sports events and internal provision. Releasing funds to pay for staff to attend events has ensured that we have been able to compete in a whole range of activities. This has contributed to being recognised as a silver sports school, which is a progression from bronze in the previous year.
Click here for the sports impact charts:
Sports Impact Charts 2016
Sports Impact Chart 2017